You want to create a dynamic and interactive map in your Awesome Table app. This article presents the main features of the Geocode add-on for Awesome Table.
Create an interactive map of the world's tallest skyscrapers
timer 20 min.
- Understand what GeoCode is
- Know how to install the add-on
- Transform addresses into coordinates (geocode)
- Personalize the Tooltip
- Geocode on Form-Submit
You'll easily create an interactive map of some of the world's tallest skyscrapers and customize the Tooltips using the GeoCode add-on by Awesome Table.
Why use GeoCode?
Create an interactive map in just seconds
In a nutshell, the GeoCode add-on retrieves the coordinates of all the addresses (partial or complete) stored in your datasource and creates an interactive map app.
* The entire process detailed below only takes a few seconds.
- Your postal addresses are converted into map coordinates (longitudes and latitudes) using Google Maps' service that's optimized for address recognition.
- After that, it only takes one click of a button to create your interactive map. First, the GeoCode script applies the appropriate filter on all the columns based on their data-type (numeric, string or date).
- Then, your dynamic and functional map app is generated and ready for viewing.
Customize your tooltips
The GeoCode add-on has a powerful (yet easy to use) Tooltip builder. The drag and drop builder lists all the columns displayed in your datasource. You can edit labels, change the ordering, or even remove items you don't need. However, if you're comfortable coding, you can opt to directly edit the Tooltip using HTML and include images and links like in the example below.
Different use cases for your specific needs
* Below are a few examples of how you can use Geocode
- Create a map for your contact list (friends, family, professional contacts).
- Facilitate market trend analysis by mapping client or supplier addresses.
- Show locations to clients or contractors (real estate properties, sales outlets, hotels, and so on).
- Map itineraries of a packaged tour.
In the first part of this tutorial, you’ll learn how to install the Geocode add-on.