In the previous tutorial, you learned how to install the Advanced Summary add-on. Here, you'll learn how to use the add-on to create your very own analytics dashboard.
1. Open the Advanced Summary sidebar
To start using the add-on, open the pertinent Google Forms with the responses that you want to analyze. Then select (a) Add-ons > (b) Advanced Summary by Awesome Table > (c) click Create Advanced Summary.
2. Choose the relevant questions you want to filter and analyze
3. Create your analytics dashboard
Click the purple button (a) to analyze and generate your dashboard. Soon after, the add-on will automatically open your newly created dashboard. You can also open the dashboard by clicking the OPEN SUMMARY button (b).
4. (Optional) Add or remove filters [via the add-on’s sidebar menu]
You can easily add or remove filters from your dashboard by going back to the Advanced Summary add-on sidebar and click the EDIT FILTERS button. Once you have selected all the relevant fields, click the UPDATE FILTERS button for the changes to take effect.
5. (Optional) Add, modify or remove charts [via the Google Sheets data source]
By default, the Advanced Summary add-on will automatically choose the appropriate charts based on the data-type of each column. If you prefer to use a different chart altogether, you can manually change the default display by specifying your preferred chart-type.
To remove a chart, simply use the hidden keyword on the pertinent column.
You've successfully learned how to use the Advanced Summary add-on to:
- Install the add-on
- Create your own analytics dashboard
- Update your dashboard's filters and charts