We advise G Suite admins to install our Awesome Table app via the Google Apps Marketplace to avoid authorization pop-ups when people view Awesome Table apps.
This article describes the required steps to install the Marketplace app. Learn more about why we advise installing this app: A new authentication flow.
Install the Awesome Table app
1. Authenticate yourself with a valid admin account for your G Suite domain.
3. Click the Install App button to install the app on your domain.
4. Click Accept in the authorization window.
Grant the following permissions:
|View your email address||These are generic scopes that are mandatory for any app published on the Google Apps Marketplace. We store this information in our database to create user profiles.|
|View your basic profile info|
|View your Google Spreadsheets||This is the most important permission. We ask for this permission as per Google requirements as of September 14, 2016. You can see their public announcement here.|
5. If required, activate the Turn ON for: switch and select an organizational unit or domain.
You can choose to install the Awesome Table app for a given organizational unit (OU) or a whole domain. We advise installing for app on the whole domain to ensure the app is available to all people who may need access to an Awesome Table app. If you install on a given OU, people outside this OU will be prompted to authorize Awesome Table to view apps.
7. Once you have installed the app, you can choose to automatically notify all users on your domain. We recommend deslecting this switch as the purpose of this installation is mainly to avoid authorization prompts, not advertise Awesome Table to all users on the domain.
Monitor usage on the domain
Now that Awesome Table is using a standard authorization flow to access spreadsheet data, you can find the activity linked to Awesome Table in the G Suite admin panel, under Reports > Token.
This report lets you see every time a user on your domain has accessed spreadsheet data through Awesome Table. You can also export the data in a spreadsheet (via CSV) to get a better report.