You want to create an automated suggestion box in Awesome Table. This article presents the main features of the Publication Workflow add-on for Awesome Table.
Create an automated suggestion box based on Google Forms submissions
timer 10 min.
- What the Publication Workflow add-on is
- Install the add-on
- Create an automated suggestion box (Idea Box)
- Implement & manage the workflow
Easily create an automated suggestion box using various Google apps.
Why use Publication Workflow?
Create an automated publication workflow in just seconds
With just a few clicks, you’ll be able to set up your own publication workflow in a matter of seconds. Behind the scenes, we will start automating the validation process, help you manage all publication requests, and monitor multiple publication workflows. All of these sounds complicated. But you just need to do one simple thing - select the workflow you want - and we’ll take care of the rest (no additional preparation or coding required on your part).
Besides ease of use, our Publication Workflow’s power lies in its seamless integration within the Google ecosystem.
|1) First, the add-on is initialized in Google Sheets where it generates a corresponding Google Forms (based on the workflow-template you chose) to collect input from your users.|
|2) For each form submission, our add-on will automatically send you an email notification allowing you to approve or reject entries directly in Gmail.|
|4) Finally, approved submissions will automatically display in your Awesome Table view that can be shared via public websites or private intranets.|
Improved functionality, visualization, and design of your website
- Embed your Publication Workflow view in any CMS or website builders.
- Add interactivity with search fields to find items, filters, and sliders to narrow down selections.
- Customize your Publication Workflow view template according to your specifications.
Different applications for your specific needs
Our Publication Workflow add-on has 4 templates you can choose from:
|Workflow template||Template description|
|Default (generic or ad hoc)||
Simple generic form and view (which can be modified later on).
|Job Board||Manage a job offer board.|
|Idea Box||Submit process improvements, comments, and suggestions.|
|FAQ||Classic Frequently Asked Questions display.|
Manage publications from any device
We made sure that everything in the Publication Workflow add-on is 100% responsive and mobile friendly! You can easily accomplish tasks even if you’re on the go and just have your smartphone or tablet.
- Users can submit entries to fill out Google Forms.
- You, as the workflow manager (managing editor), can approve or reject submissions directly in Gmail. Or for more flexibility, you can opt to do the admin tasks using our stand-alone workflow web app.
- And the Awesome Table view itself adjusts dynamically to any viewport that you (or your users) have.