Create an interactive map of the world's tallest skyscrapers.
timer 20 min.
- Understand what GeoCode is
- Know how to install the add-on
- Transform addresses into coordinates (geocode)
- Personalize the Tooltip
- Geocode on Form-Submit
You'll easily create an interactive map of some of the world's tallest skyscrapers and customize the Tooltips using the GeoCode add-on by Awesome Table.
Why use GeoCode?
1.) Create an interactive map in just seconds
In a nutshell, the GeoCode add-on retrieves the coordinates of all the addresses (partial or complete) stored in your datasource and creates an interactive map view.
How does it work?
* The entire process detailed below only takes a few seconds.
- Your postal addresses are converted into map coordinates (longitudes and latitudes) using Google Maps' service that's optimized for address recognition.
- After that, it only takes one click of a button to create your interactive map. First, the GeoCode script applies the appropriate filter on all the columns based on their data-type (i.e., numeric, string, or date).
- Then, your dynamic and functional map view is generated and ready for viewing.
2.) Customize your tooltips
The GeoCode add-on has a powerful (yet easy to use) Tooltip builder. The drag and drop builder lists all the columns displayed in your datasource. You can edit labels, change the ordering, or even remove items you don't need. However, if you're comfortable coding, you can opt to directly edit the Tooltip using HTML and include images and links like in the example below.
3.) Different use cases for your specific needs.
* Below are a few examples of how you can use Geocode
- Create a map for your contact list (friends, family, professional contacts).
- Facilitate market trend analysis by mapping client or supplier addresses.
- Show locations to clients or contractors (real estate properties, sales outlets, hotels, ...).
- Map itineraries of a packaged tour.
Live example :